SF6 Gas insulated Busbars for medium voltage
SF6 gas is chemically inert, non-toxic and non-flammable. It has been used for just under 50 years as an insulating material in both medium and high voltage apparatus, e.g. switch gear, transformers and substations. SF6-gas can extinguish electric arc. This property coupled with its excellent dielectric withstand have ensured that SF6 is the chosen insulation medium in literally millions of electro-technical apparatus world wide. SF6 gas insulation is not subject to the aging factors which usually affect other insulations over time. The above properties, together with client demand, were instrumental in our decision to expand our product range to include SF6 solutions.
Medium Voltage Application
- For connections between SF6 insulated equipment
- For connections between SF6 equipment and non-SF6 insulated equipment
- For connections between SF6 insulated equipment and cable
Features and benefits of installing ISOBUS MG in the above applications:
Safety and Reliability
- Touch safe during operational conditions due to the outer earthed metal enclosure
- No phase to phase short circuit due to encapsulation of each phase by metal enclosure
- Hermetically sealed system with < 1% leakage per annum
- No requirement for locked rooms within facility.
- Natural cooling
- High voltage testing of sub-assembly components through unit assembly prior to leaving our manufacturing plant.
- Quality assurance according to ISO 9001
Space and time saving installation
- Modular system components, allow made to measure distribution solutions, within compact medium voltage applications. Change of directions and branch offs in all three dimensions are possible.
- Compact system with right angled connections and small phase to phase distance means minimal space requirements and connection possible to any type of SF6 switchgear.
- Light weight system saves time at installation.
- No special tools required
- Fast assembly and installation of type tested components
- Value added solution supplied. Both ISOBUS MG and the fixing system are designed, manufactured, tested and delivered as an SF6 distribution kit, complete with all necessary components and installation documents. Made to measure for “fit and forget” solutions.
- Minimal maintenance